Sunday, May 1, 2011

A little crafty!

I stumbled across this great blog the other day called eighteen25... Have you seen it?  Wow - what inspiration for all crafty people.  Check it out here:  eighteen25.blogspot.com

The first thing I fell in love with was their subway art.  So with inspiration I created this gift for a very dear and close friend - who is an awesome middle school teacher.  I printed out the subway art onto glossy photo paper, bought a super cheap frame from Michaels, painted over the brown frame with a glossy apple red paint, and then once dried, I sanded it down for a retro/old look.

please ignore the reflections on the glass (sun and wind were not cooperating this am)

The second project I did was along the same line, but I found this image and knew it fit perfectly with our family and our love for road trips in the RV.  I used my iphoto image editor and "antiqued" the image so the colors will coordinate well with the interior of the RV.  Another cheap frame from Michaels, just sanded and roughed up a little.  


Ok...off to find more inspiration...
Enjoy!

1 comment: