Saturday, September 26, 2009

Worked my fingers to the Bone!!!


Today I signed up for a class at the local, independently owned scrap book store called Scrapbook Gadgets.  The owner Angela has a small store, with mostly just gadgets, hard to find at the chain stores and an on-line website (http://www.scrapbookgadgets.com/).  So when she emailed me that she was going to do a class using lots of new products, techniques, I was quick to sign up.  It was planned for 1 1/2 hours, I figured 2 hours, as I have been to these types before, and they never are out on time.  But when I hit the 4 hour mark and my fingers were raw, stained and I couldn't see straight anymore....I took one look at the finished product (proudly) and said it was well worth it!  This is Angela's design/sketch, of course for those of you that know how I follow directions in these types of classes (NOT!) it has some Shannon flair!  Let's just say, this one will go on display every Halloween in my house and NO (let me repeat NO) I will not be making these to sell-it was HARD!  But I did walk away with a beautiful piece of art, and lots of lessons to apply to my cards, (of course with a bag full of new goodies from the store :)!)  It is a 12" x12" collage, matted with lots of detail you have to see in person.  I used all sorts of products (mostly new to me) like grunge paper, stickles, distressing inks, alcohol inks, and my first time sewing on a scrap book project with a sewing stencil and embroidery floss.  Do you like the rose?  Yes, I made that out of grunge paper layers, 5 thick, stained it (my fingers are still that color "terra cotta" and probably will be for a week-I have washed them 50 times already!) but it is lovely!  I can't wait to encorporate some of these new techniques/gadgets in my cards! Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment